What Surprises Me

1.how much i enjoy learning the language and the fact that my favorite part of the day is when i sit in Spanish class. One on one for 4 hours. how i enjoy this, i have no idea. it's definitely God, cause before i came here i hated every spanish class i have ever taken not to mention the language itself!

2.again how much i enjoy learning this language and don't want to leave solely because i don't want to stop learning and being in this environment where i have no choice. i am so amazed by this, it gets two spots

3.how my computer shocks me because the plugs here are so bad and and i have to hold my wrists above the computer.

4.how much harder it is to get around here than in Juarez.

5.how desensitized i've become in a month. we were sitting in a hostel and there was a howler monkey outside (which like it's name makes this unbelievable howling noise). it woke one of the girls up and she jumped and said "what was that." the other girl said, "it's just a monkey, go back to sleep." the next day we were talking about how funny it is that it's not even a second thought now that "it's only a monkey!!"

6. how reliant i am on cell phones and the internet. being without this, you would have thought that my only lifeline in the world had been taken away. (sad but true)

7. the fact that yesterday was the 1ST day it hasn't rained in this city since i've been here

i'm sure i'll continue to update this list as time goes on.......

Comments

The Lockharts said…
I love you and am so excited to hear about all that is happening to you in Costa Rica. Have fun and know that we are praying for you. I'm adding you as a link to my blog page... when you get a chance add Britt and I to yours.
I second Kim..I added you to our page so I can check in on your little costa rican booty at all times. I am amazed by your stories! I love you, Im praying for you and miss you like CRAZY!
The Lockharts said…
Hey, give us an update now that you are back in the US of A.
Britt said…
hey! i need to and i will soon, cause there's a million different things i'm thinking bout being back. i'm headed to a staff retreat in puerto penasco mexico for the week so i'll get on it when i get back. love you lockharts! give q-tip a hug for me!

Popular Posts