29

i'm freaking out. i'm turning 29 in two weeks and somehow i'm at the place where this is the last year of my 20's!? what? how did this happen?! all of a sudden there are kids younger than me doing cooler things, my knees pop more, and i'm pretty sure i won't look 22 forever. i really don't know how this happened. so i'm in extreme go mode now. i'm ready to do anything that i was too cautious to do before; to live in the moment and worry about today and not how that tat will look in 50 yrs. this is how people have regrets i understand, but it's also why people don't. i'm not crazy. i've been called a "square" a number of times in life cause everything gets filtered through the Brittany brain of, "is this really a good idea" first.

however, i have an intense desire right now to see some new oceans; to sit around a fire in another country under a beautiful blanket of stars and swap stories with people with different accents, different lives, and the freedom of nothing but a bag on my back and the world before me. i want to meet new people and hear their stories. i want to grow in who i am and have my world view split wide open by those that refuse to sit by and let life happen; that are eager to grow and learn and live. i want to have conversations about dreams, have tea on the side of the road, make beds out of sand, dance in huts filled with the laughter of life, try food i've never heard of, fall asleep next to campfires, and find myself in the adventures that only traveling can. i want to experience, taste, touch, hear and feel the journeys that this world has to offer. my granny called me a drifter. i think she was right. i'm ready to drift.

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
-Jack Kerouac

Comments

Lindsay West said…
Do it! I think you would LOOOOVE traveling through Europe - jumping on the metros, sleeping in hostels (or in some cases, the metro (i did it once-dont recommend it at all ugh)), meeting foreigners, riding trains from country to country, sitting in cafes in Paris, literally being under the tuscan sun.... listen....you need to do it. And if you need a friend to do it with - I think Mikell could deal with me being gone for a few months haha
dont drift too far...i love you (and so does my jesus snowman)

Popular Posts