i will fail you

i'm terrible at managing relationships.
i spread myself too thin and want to save and help everyone.
i don't want anyone to hurt and if i can do anything to help or stop it, i will.
i try to play God and i'm sure at times i get in his way.
i have a hard time saying no.
i can't balance everyone's burdens and lives well; but i try.
i take them upon myself and they eventually overwhelm me.
and then i let you down.
it will happen.  i'm sure of it.
i won't mean to; but i will.
i'll try to carry too much of you.
it's not fair to either of us. 
it's not my weight to carry, and you don't need to be carried by me.
at the same time i'll do everything in my power to protect myself.
i will let you need me, but more than likely i will try not to need you.
that way you can never hurt me.  or disappoint me.  or fail me.
that way you will never fall off the pedestal that i never put you on.
that way i can save us both.

Comments

Popular Posts