This is Me

I've done a lot of life inventory lately. I've been thinking about the life I've lived and the lives I could have lived; who I was and who I've become...


I've sat in huts in Fiji alone with families teaching them how to have clean water for the rest of their lives.

I've stood outside of a bamboo house with a woman and her children in Guatemala and promised that we would build them a new home as we prayed together.

I have heard singing from a woman inside her home while I was on the street in Juarez. I found her singing praises to God even after her house had been robbed. We dropped to our knees together to give God praises.

I have shared a meal with families in Ecuador while learning about their culture and their life.

I have cried with a family in Acuna, Mexico as I told them why I gave up my life and friends and family in GA to be with their family building them a home.

I have evacuated teams from floods in foreign countries, I have cried with families that have lost everything, I have watched the sun set over rocks that my father raced across in Australia, I have driven an RV through New Zealand, I have fallen asleep beside a fire under a completely different sky of stars and woken to the sun pouring its rays across the ocean, I have surfed a perfect wave, I have climbed world famous boulders solitary, I have trekked through rain forests and watched volcanos erupt, I have seen my photographs published, I have had tea with Indian families in Fiji, I have cried as my friend's ashes were poured out across the Grand Canyon, I have danced the streets of Rome and sung on gondolas through Venice, I have held my friend's hand as she breathed some of her last breaths, I have jumped from airplanes and fallen through the clouds, I have lived in 3 different countries and spoken 2 different languages. I have stood on nothing but faith, and had no idea about tomorrow. I have watched the ashes of my life scatter around me. I have lived. I have loved. I have risked. I have won. I have lost everything. I have found everything. I have been found.

Comments

Popular Posts