Home

We all want someone or something to be "home." We want someone that we share our lives with. I think it's built into us. We have this innate desire to belong; to be a part of something.

I want someone to share my pictures and my thoughts with; to tell when I'm having the time of my life or when I'm dying inside. This is why social networking sites have taken off. We bare our souls for the world to see in hopes that someone is listening. In a way this makes us feel like we belong even when we have no one we can call. However, I feel it speaks more of our desperate desire for connection. We want more than a comment on a picture from someone glancing at their phone. We need real connection; the kind where you are reminded that you're not alone in this world. It's obvious that the whole world is screaming out. We want someone to know, anyone to care, even if it's our best friend from 5th grade, it's better than no one at all.

Comments

Popular Posts