Flight and Faith

I have no fear when I fly.
None.  
It doesn't make any sense that I would have no fear at all in this.  
I'm thousands of feet above the ground flying through the sky, but I'm not scared at all.
It's because I trust the plane. I trust that we'll stay in the sky. 
Maybe I shouldn't, but I do. 
I've been flying my entire life. It's comfortable to me. 
I have faith that the plane will stay in the sky to the point that i don't even think twice about it. 
I don't question it at all, because it's proven itself to me so many times before.

I thought about faith and life; what I fear and what I don't even think twice about.
I want to have the same unquestionable faith in God for the things that I don't understand, as I have in this plane when I fly.
I want to have faith that makes absolutely no sense at all why I would trust in it; yet I do.
I know that comes in the same way that my faith in flying has come.  
By putting my life in the hands of the pilot and the plane and soaring through the clouds to see that I won't come crashing to the ground.


Comments

Popular Posts