Into The Storm

Typically we do everything that we can to avoid the proverbial storms in life. But this morning, I'm sitting on a plane covered in ice and snow trying to fly out of Chicago (the city that the news is telling me to avoid at all costs.) I got up far too early this morning and flew directly into this storm. In route from Atlanta to Phoenix, I had a layover in the frozen Midwest and went head on into a storm that seems like, there was really no reason to fly through. In fact, I would have done anything I could to avoid this part of the country. There was no reason that I "needed" to come here to get to where I was going. 


But I couldn't do anything about this, because I didn't book my ticket. I didn't get to choose my route and there was nothing I could do to change it. So as the winter weather started pouring in, I got on an airplane to fly directly into the storm. And now I sit on a snowy and iced runway, in a line of other planes waiting to de-ice, and hopefully leave this storm behind.



As I look out the window and watch more and more snow fall, all I can think is how we do everything that we can in life to avoid the storms. But sometimes it's inevitable. Sometimes we aren't in control of our own direction. Sometimes the paths that we take are given to us rather than chosen. Maybe sometimes we're supposed to fly directly into the storm; and as the snow falls and the weight of it covers us, sit quietly and seek it's beauty, as it redirects our lives and everything around us.



Comments

Popular Posts