What Will Your Verse Be?


It's the middle of March and I feel inspired. 

Inspired by the idea that we are three months into 2014 and there are still nine more months to create what this year will become. What will be made, what will be dreamed up has yet to be seen. It is up to us.

Kind of extraordinary... 

I've been struck by the idea that this world becomes what we make it. We all bring our own pieces into this narrative. Whether powerful or weak, every day we write new words upon the page. These thoughts were spurred on by the new Apple iPad commercial and I find it's words playing over and over again in my head. (click the link above to watch)

It simply says this...

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be? 

These words played on repeat in my mind as I sat in front of the ocean in California. I watched the waves as they crashed against the shore and shut my eyes and listened to their power as they exploded upon the rocks.

These words speak to the fact that we are all a part of a beautiful play called life. It is unfolding daily and is written with our steps, with our movement and with each and every breath. It is not just that we have the freedom to contribute a verse, but that we will. You are HERE, you are a part of this story and you have permission to contribute a verse that may change the entire play. What will your verse be?





UGA CCF Winter Retreat 

In February I had the opportunity to travel to the mountains of North Carolina to be the speaker for the University of Georgia's CCF Winter Retreat. The theme was "Missions in Life" and I shared stories of faith in my own life and about the journey that God has led me on since I was at CCF 10 years ago. It was an amazing opportunity and I'm humbled as I look back on the last 10 years and where God has taken me.


Write a Book! 

For my 33rd birthday, my sister and some of my closest friends surprised me with one of the most amazing gifts I've ever received. They turned the blog that I've been keeping for the last 7 years, Confidently Wandering, into a book! It captures all of the crazy journeys that God has taken me on over the years. I'm looking into publishing this book and would love any contacts you all might have to help make this dream become a reality!


PhotoServe 

When I stepped away from Casas, one of the ideas that I dreamed about was creating a non-profit. Over the past seven months, many doors have closed while others have opened. One of those open doors has been the decision to move full speed ahead with an idea that began in 2011 called PhotoServe. I have been working alongside friends to create this organization that brings photographers alongside non-profits and helps to bridge the gap between two worlds while creating something beautiful with the gifts and talents we have been given. As we continue to move forward, I can't wait to see what this will become!

World Vision 

I have been traveling around the country with World Vision and the Kisango Trek presenting their virtual tour through Africa at churches and events around the country. I have been everywhere from Arizona to Texas to California and will continue traveling throughout the year. This has been a great opportunity and it gives me the freedom to work on Photoserve while I help promote the great work World Vision is doing around the world.

Comments

Popular Posts