What does following Jesus look like?

That's a question I've asked myself a million times.

At different seasons in my life, it's meant different things.  
For the last nine years, following Jesus looked like building homes for families living in poverty in México. 
Today it looks like this:


It looks like getting on a plane in Wisconsin at 5:30 in the morning to fly to Atlanta to catch a ride from the airport with my sister, to get dropped off at a restaurant to get picked up by a friend. 

Let me tell you, you get some pretty crazy stares when you roll into a Chick-fil-a with a suitcase, and even more stares when you have to walk to a different fast food restaurant with your suitcase so there's actually room to sit and eat.

This is becoming my new normal, and the longer I live it, the more "normal" it becomes. My sister looked at me today and said, "are you okay living like this?" And I am, because I believe this season is for a purpose, and will lead to something more. 

Colossians 3:23 says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you are working for the Lord..."

So my prayer for you today, and for myself, is whatever you do... work at it with all your heart, as though you are working for the Lord. Because you are working for so much more.

Comments

Popular Posts