Honduras, Hammocks & Clean Water!

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, whom you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." - Fr. Pedro Arrupe 

I rarely feel hesitation about a new adventure, typically because new experiences make me feel alive. When the journey is unknown, it's even better. Right now however, I have an adventure that is unfolding before me that I'm realizing is far bigger than anything I could begin to imagine.


Over the next two weeks, I am going to be working alongside an organization called Wine to Water, which helps to provide clean water to different countries around the world. In hopes of creating a future partnership for Photoserve, this Thursday I am joining them on their maiden voyage to one of the most remote locations in Honduras. Void of electricity and no more than two roads, the Mosquito Coast in Honduras is the site of their newest clean water project. We are going to be helping with a well drilling project, hygiene classes and kid's programs. In the future I hope to be able to bring photographers here to help this organization share their story and further the work that they are doing to provide clean water to a community that is lacking some of life's most basic resources.

The more I read up on this area however, the more I have no idea what to expect. Sleeping in hammocks and spending 10 days without electricity or showers, I see the wilderness of this remote location unfolding before me. Despite my hesitations about the unknown, my desire to even be a small part of helping this community receive clean water feels like such a privilege. After coming off of 3 weeks of work and travel, I was hesitant to jump on board this trip in such a short time frame. However I know that this is a necessary next step and I feel confident in seeking out this opportunity.

Many of you have asked how you can continue to be involved with my work after Casas. Here is a great opportunity to be involved not just with me, but in helping to provide clean water to one of the most remote locations in the world! I have prayer and financial needs and would be honored to have you partner with me in both. Financially I have about $2000 to raise in the next 4 days! I feel confident that God will provide and if you feel led to be part of that provision you can click the "DONATE" button below. Also I have prayer needs listed that I would be so humbled to have you join me in during my time away.

Thank you for continuing to walk through every step of this journey with me. Even when tomorrow seems more and more unknown to me, I have no doubt in God's direction and provision as I continue to find myself Confidently Wandering.

DONATE

Pray For Me:

- Pray for direction for Photoserve: As I seek to create opportunities for photographers to further the mission and work being done around the world, I pray that God would lead and direct me in understanding where and how we can best serve.

- Pray for the provision of clean water for this community and that through this long term provision, the Mosquito Coast community would know and experience Christ's living water and receive that above all else.

- Pray that God would provide opportunities for rest before this trip and that I would take it!

- Pray for God's direction and leadership during our entire journey and that His presence would be felt by us and those in the community that we will serve alongside.

Thank you for walking alongside me every step of the way!! Much Love, Brittany

Comments

Popular Posts