Seek Me + You Will Find Me

I have been seeking a lot lately. Seeking clarity, seeking direction, seeking answers. But after months and months of feeling like nothing was coming, I stopped. I stopped seeking the answers and just started seeking Jesus; fervently. And the clarity and direction that I was looking for started to flood in.

I had forgotten my first rule; seek first the kingdom of God. It was like an Easter egg hunt where I was searching so fervently for one thing that I was missing everything else around me. It's like standing in a forest but only being able to see the trees right in front of you.

In backing up, stepping to the side and simply seeking Jesus, I'm starting to find some of the answers to the questions that I was asking. God also began to show me that often times we are asking the wrong questions. It's not until we back up and allow God to teach us how to ask different questions, that can we actually begin to see the answers to what we are looking for in the first place.

So if you're finding yourself in a place of questioning or a place of seeking and you feel like you're not finding the answers, I would encourage you to take a step back this weekend. Step back from seeking that one thing and simply start seeking Jesus. Start in the place that has nothing to do with what you're looking for and allow God to guide you and direct you instead of you leading the way. I hope that in this you will not only begin to find some of the answers you're looking for, but you will also begin to realize that in the seeking you were never alone.

With you in the Journey,
Brittany



Comments

Popular Posts