my generation

i think the thing about my generation, that stands out in the world i participate in at least, is the deep care and concern for the suffering and brokeness of the world. i see our generation trying to bring to church the injustices, the poverty, the suffering that i have never been taught about from a pulpit before. i see my generation trying to make the world known and educated about seeking justice for those in this world that are oppressed and treated as less than human, for those that fall asleep without a place to lay their head or a solid roof to cover them, for those that spend their days walking to get clean water for 8 hours, only to get up and do it again, for those that would give anything to get an education in a classroom to make a future and a life, but are turned away because of lack of money to pay for that education. i see our generation seeking, striving, giving our lives to teach about these injustices. these injustices that God talks about twice as much as He does money or sex; the things that we hear about constantly in the church. i see our generation trying, with everything we have, with our lives, to make a difference. and i pray that it does make a difference. i pray that someone sees,someone notices, and someone's heart is changed to help because of it.

Comments

Janine said…
Bethany Dillon sings this song "A Voice Calling Out" and it's in my head as I read your blog - "I see a generation rising up, no longer accepting lies. Running to the battlefield and losing their lives. I see a generation rising up, no longer accepting lies. Running to the battlefield; they're finding their lives, they're finding their lives...I hear a voice."

The voice is Heaven's Battle Cry saying "Rise!" and seriously Britt, what could be better than living life how you've described. Finding our lives might mean losing them, but it's MORE than worth it to live as we were called to...to BE the church, not just attend church. It's GREAT to be in this generation, and I am FOREVER grateful that YOU are my sister and you share my heart! I love you!!!! ~ Janine

Popular Posts