TODAY

Thursday, Mar 20

today, a mexican woman i have known for two days, told me that she was going to name her baby girl after me and had me write the spelling of my name on a piece of a cardboard box

today, i sat on a pallet fence and hung out with my best 8 year old friend named ana. i laid my head in her lap because i was tired and she sat and patted my head as she told me she was going to cut my pony tail off :)

today i gave gum to all of the tarahumara indian children asking for money in the border line instead of rolling my window up when they walked by with their cups because they know nothing different

today i stood outside in the sand, next to a brand new house, and sang praises to God with a group of people, most of whom i didn't know before monday

today i ate breakfast with a family in mexico that probably spent everything they had on food for 25 of us that just built them a home

today i watched 25 people give a home to a family in mexico, and not have any other care in the world about e-mail, about tv, or about what phone call had to be retuned. no other care except for what was happening right there, in that moment, on a dirt plot of land next to a pallet and tar paper house in mexico

today i know that a family doesn't have to worry about the wind, or about the cold, or about whether this new baby will have a safe place to sleep and grow up

today i know this new baby will be born into a world where she never knows a pallet house, but only one paid for and built by a group of americans, only because they love God and want to serve His people

today, this was my 9 to 5

today, i am blessed


Popular Posts