right in front of me

this morning i was looking for a book. i looked forever and couldn't find it. my sister has this weird thing that every time she prays for something she's lost she finds it; every time! so i just said, "God, help me find this book," and then i kept searching. i looked under everything i could think of and then i stared at the bookshelf, and stared and stared. then all of a sudden i realized i was staring right at it and didn't see it. not in the general direction, but right at the title, and i'd been staring at it for a while. as soon as i realized this i thought, i wonder how many times this happens in life. how many times do i know exactly what i'm looking for and it's right in front of me, and i'm staring at it, but until my perspective changes or God helps me see what i'm looking at, i have absolutely no idea and i just keep on looking everywhere for it?

Comments

Popular Posts