Dear 2010...



Dear 2010,
This is what we'll do this year...
Take hip hop classes
Read at least one book completely
Open mail when it comes
Roller Derby!
Plan to be everywhere 10 min before I actually have to be there
Pick up the guitar
Climb a v3 at Hueco Tanks
Work on a photography book
Join a tennis league
Work out at least once a week
Do something that terrifies me
Travel somewhere I haven't been
Meet some new people and live out those stories
Not be afraid to live in the transparency and fullness of life
Do everything i can to fulfill my purpose on this Earth and not miss it
Give everything I have
Live out loud
Serve God
Love more
See what tomorrow brings




Something about this year feels very intentional. I think it has to do with getting older. Somewhere in the past 6 months I've had a perspective shift and I know that I am no longer nor was i ever really invincible. I realize the importance of taking care of my body and taking advantage of the abilities I have now because I won't have them forever. I think it's because I'm turning 29 this year; in a few weeks actually. I know this life, this year, will either be what I choose it to be or I can sit back and just let life happen to me. All of a sudden the big ideas and dreams of youth in others seem to be disappearing underneath the weight of an unidealistic world; of a world of settling for status quo and encouraging everyone around to do the same. The world around me is dreaming less and less and settling more and more. All the while I'm becoming more and more aware that those ideas or dreams I've always had will never happen if today, this year, is not the day they are done. "One day" is now and I'm not going to sit around and wait to have time. I don't want to have anything left on the list of "I wish I'd done..." nor do i want to waste time accomplishing things that don't matter. Life is what you choose, so choose well. Every decision makes a difference and directs the next, no matter how small it may seem. May 2010 be full of big dreams, new beginnings, and all of the things that you've always wanted to do.
"This is your life, are you who you want to be? Is it all you dreamed it would be when the world was younger and you had everything to lose?"


Comments

Popular Posts