i have lived

I have lived
I have breathed
I swear I believe
I have seen my footprints upon your sky
I have felt what it's like to fly
I have risked it all
Lost it all
And survived the fall
I have trusted
Felt completely busted
I almost died when the waters thrusted
I have sacrificed
I have taken
I have hoarded
I have spent
I have laughed till I cried
I have thrown your ashes to the wind
I have hoped and believed
I have lost my way to see
I have walked through darkness
With only your hand to guide me
I have fallen and bled
I have risen from the dead
I have cursed
I have praised
I have gone astray
I have sunk into darkness to find it gray
I have felt your touch when I closed my eyes
I have found peace in nothing but your skies
I have found the question and lost the answer
I have watched you die from the cancer
I have lied
I have tried
To find my way
I have read and prayed to feel today
I have scars to replace the wound
I have laughed enough to fill the room
I have searched
I have found
I have watched it crash to the ground
I am alive in the swell
I feel my heart yell
I have lied in truth
And walked on the ashes of my youth
I have lost my dreams
Amongst the screams
I have it all I'm told
I have nothing to hold
I am completly lost
I am totally found
All I'm following is your sound
I have lived
I have breathed
I swear I believe

Comments

papademia said…
amazing thoughts britt. see i can read. thanks for sharing. we gotta harness this gift. seriously awesome.

Popular Posts