Prayers and Goodbyes

I have heard it said that "vulnerability is not weakness, but rather our most accurate measure of courage. When we shut ourselves off, we distance ourselves from the experiences that bring purpose and meaning to our lives." (Brené Brown)

I can honestly tell you that there is nothing that makes me feel more vulnerable right now, than sharing the two videos below. However, I also believe that they embody the purpose and meaning of my time as a missionary with Casas por Cristo. I recently went to our monthly pastor's meeting in Juárez to share the news that I would be leaving Casas por Cristo.

Surrounded by cardboard walls and a dirt floor, I was part of one of the most memorable experiences that I have ever known. What began as a goodbye, ended as a commissioning to go out from Juárez, into the rest of world.

I cannot tell you how humbled and honored I am to know these men and women and to have served alongside them. They have shown me what faith looks like when it is no longer simple or safe. Their faces have been more familiar than my family when I was far from home, and they are the reason that these goodbyes have felt almost impossible to say.


Brit at Pastors meeting from brittany girle on Vimeo.

Pastors prayer for Brit from brittany girle on Vimeo.

Subscribe to my newsletter to keep up with what is coming next!

Comments

Popular Posts