This journey has shaken me...


It has rocked my faith to the core. It is easy to read about the works of a great redeemer that came to bring life to this Earth. But to forsake all other things to stand upon these beliefs has shaken me. It has made me feel foolish when I explain my "plans" to friends, or even to people I have never met before. It has made me question my faith and ideas and dreams.

However now, in my own lack of resources, the exact same things that broke me, are now strengthening me. Stepping away from my own resources, I am becoming more and more aware of God's beauty and power and His resources. I am in awe as I wake to a gorgeous sunrise or get lost in the mountains surrounding me. Night is brought on by the sun painted across the sky and I fall asleep under stars sparkling from the heavens. I am finding my dreams ignited by His power and strengthened by His beauty and creativity within me.

If these promises are not enough to stand on, to believe in, than I don't know what is. If stepping away from lesser promises to stand on these is foolish, than I would be honored to be labeled foolish every day. To have the opportunity to step out on faith, to throw worldly provisions aside to follow God given dreams, than that is worth all of the foolishness in the world. Because for me, anything less is simply not living, but wasting the magnificence that surrounds me.


Write your words upon my heart; shock me with your dreams
Make me see the inexplicable wonder that you create daily
Remind me that waking is not mundane but rather extraordinary
That breathing is not an afterthought but a cause of living
To be alive is not enough, but to grasp the wonder of this world
When living is no longer mysterious, show me beauty in the commonplace and the mundane
Show me the secrets hidden in the everyday; 
That I may gasp in awe again at their display.


Comments

Popular Posts