Copperheads & What We Can't See

My dog loves to play on the edge of the grass. She loves to stand there and see what she can find. But every time she gets remotely close to the edge, we hollar at her and tell her to move. She has no idea why and probably even thinks she's done something wrong. I'm sure she can't fathom why she can't just stand there. And honestly, it's the prettiest place that she could be.

The problem though, is that we've seen copperheads right there. We know that of all the places she could play, that is the most dangerous place for her to be. We raise our voices at her and make her move because we love her and don't want her to get hurt. She has no idea why.

I have no idea what goes through a dog's mind. Probably nothing. But I know what would be going through mine. And as I watched her this morning I wondered if this is how God is with me. I wonder if He moves me out of places in my life that I want to be, not because I've done something wrong or because He doesn't want me to play in the grass, but because He is protecting me from so much that I can't see.

Comments

Popular Posts