It's Worth It

For years I've had a friend that has walked through life with me and reminded me that the sacrifices we make to follow Jesus are "worth it." She sat on the phone with me while i sat in the Atlanta airport and sobbed as i flew away from my friends and family and knew that i would likely never see my grandmother again. She reminded me while she was living in Kenya and i was working in Juárez and missing out on the lives that our friends and family were living, that it is "worth it." And she has had this same conversation with me time and time again when i am questioning if i can live this life any more. It seems that whenever I'm starting to feel like i can't go a step further, she shows up and reminds me softly, "it's worth it." I'm so grateful for this friend; I know I could never do this life of faith without her. I was reminded of her faithfulness and her presence in my life tonight when i heard this song.

Comments

Popular Posts