Peru



I have 3 1/2 weeks to get in shape before I hike the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu in Peru. Everything I do will go towards that. What I eat, how much I sleep, when I work out. There's no workout that I can do right now that will be too much or too hard because I know that EVERYTHING will only go towards making me stronger when I am on my trek in Peru. I leaned on that concept as I choose which workout I would do today. Why would I not choose the hardest, it will only make me stronger and prepare me more?

As I worked out this morning I thought about how I could apply this same thinking to my life. I want to get to the point that I live my day to day like this. I want to see the biggest obstacles not as difficulties but as challenges that are building me up and making me stronger. I want to see them as preparation in life for whatever will come next. If I lived every day like I was working towards something so much greater, (because I am) the ups and downs of the day would look completely different. They would not look like obstacles but as sweet preparation for whatever is coming up on the road ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts