This my ministry

For years I wrote about serving Jesus in foreign lands. I told wild stories about drug wars and God and chance encounters in foreign countries. I talked about how we were all called to be missionaries if we claim to follow Jesus; moms, dads, lawyers, ministers, teachers; it's no different. 

But now, as I'm living a life that may still seem ridiculously far from normal to others, yet feels pretty subdued and calm to me; I'm realizing how hard this is. How hard it is to get up and seek excitement and Christ in the everyday. How difficult it is to find newness in life when your surroundings look exactly the same. This morning, although I'm siting on a plane and traveling today, I'm asking myself the same questions. Where do I find God? How can I find God in this day?

So my challenge to you is the one I just wrote to myself, "How can I make this my ministry?" This day. This house. This life. This grocery store. This family. How can you make this your ministry. Just for today?

And in this question I'm realizing that although the scene may not change, what's changing is me. What's happening is the intentional desire to figure out how to find Christ in this day.



Comments

Popular Posts