Strength for the Journey

There are times in this life that I feel like a little kid again, setting out for a journey. I have my knapsack and a note from my dad. It says, "You will have suffering in this world. Be Courageous! I have conquered the world." And then I start to trek.


I knew these truths , I remembered them when I was young, I knew that this life would be crazy but that my Father has already overcome this world. But at times, as I've gotten older, as the years have burned their marks on me, I'm not even sure that I can find that little note that I first set out with years ago. More than likely, it got destroyed by the trials of the journey and somewhere in my heart I began to forget that this world has already been overcome.

But sitting down with these words again today; coming across this "old friend," there is a sense of familiarity. Like a reminder in the middle of the night, “Don’t be afraid. I told you these things so that you would have peace. Be courageous. I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

And like a little kid finding their map again, I am reminded that I am not lost. All hope is not lost. And I find my strength to journey on... 

Comments

Popular Posts