Truth: "the quality or state of being true"


Truth: I don’t believe in myself like you think I do. Especially not with running a non-profit. At times I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing or no clue how to get us where we need to go. I’m paralyzed by fear at times. The truth is, each day presents me with new challenges that make me want to crawl under a blanket and disappear.

God has called me into waters that feel bigger than me. And unlike building homes or speaking Spanish that was once unknown, these seas feel rocky and without control. 

I don’t want to walk around and be insincere, so here’s my truth. “Everyday I’m scared to death that I’ll fail.” And I’m scared to death that you’ll figure that out and see right through me. 

In a world of “hustle,” where everyone seems to have it all figured out, I want to be honest and say, “I don’t have it all figured out. But I’m doing it anyway. I'm doing it scared.” 

With that said, here’s my other truth. Every time one of you believes in me, you teach me to believe in myself too. Every one of you that supports Photoserve says to me, “we don’t know all the places that you’ll go, but we want to go with you. Through the hills and the valleys, we are with you.” And for that, I am so thankful. 

You are the force that drives this forward.

You are God’s whisper on the darkest night.

You are hope.

You are light. 

Thank you for joining me for the journey,
Brittany

Comments

Popular Posts