my greatest accomplishment

it's a new year, and with that comes big ideas, plans, and dreams of new accomplishments. in making those lists i have to stop and ask myself "why?" what's the point in it all? although i can fill a page with lofty goals and new ideas, what is the purpose of those goals? are they for me? for someone else? for the world? am i better because of them? is somebody else? i have a lot of things that i would like to do and see this year. some have lasting effects. some not at all. but in thinking about this, i realized what i feel like the greatest thing i can accomplish on this Earth would be. not just for 2010, but for my life. so in the midst of lofty ideas and new dreams, my hope is that i can wade through them all while keeping my greatest goal in mind.

i know that above everything else, i would feel most complete, if along this crazy journey people came to know and understand Christ's love for their own lives because of the way that i lived mine.

Comments

Popular Posts