My Birthday Wish


In honor of tomorrow being Saturday and knowing that you've all checked out for the week anyway! Here's my Birthday Wish...
1 day early!


I thought and thought about how I could use my birthday for good. Thanks to Facebook, everyone I've ever known sends me well wishes on that day. With this social media popularity, I wondered what I could do to use this moment for something more.

Year after year I've joined the ranks of different causes: Heaters for families freezing in México, donations for Casas por Cristo, support to go towards myself or my sister.

So this year I thought, what do I really want, for my friends, for my family, for myself?

What do I want them to know most and take away from this life and what can I give them if they're looking at me today?

I wrestled with suggesting random acts of kindness for strangers or seeking deeply to become the person you were intended to be....

But at the end if it all, what I really came up with, was Jesus. If I could tell you anything as you come to wish me Happy Birthday, it would be,
"Don't miss out on Jesus." All of the other "love your neighbor, be kind to strangers, seek a life and dreams bigger than yourself" should come right along with that.

The world has done a bad job at representing Jesus well. They've created stipulations and ideas and hatred and boundaries for God that I don't think He ever wanted associated with His name.

So for my birthday, my gift, is to tell you to stop letting that get in the way, and take TODAY, and ask Jesus to show you His truth and His love.

I'm 32 today. If I could give you anything, I'd give you life. That's the best thing I could tell the people that love me the most. Don't miss it.

Thank you for loving me. Thank you for celebrating my life!!

Comments

Jason said…
I do wish you a wonderful birthday, and I wanted to tell you that "YOUR Birthday Wish" was just what I needed to hear and such a blessing to me. Of course just following your life from afar is a blessing and encouragement to me.
All the very best, Jason

Popular Posts